The Holy Family arrived in the Muhammadiyah area, which was known as “Jara”, which is located on the coastal road between Tell Al-Qallus and Al-Farma. To the west of Tel al-Qallus, about 40 km and to the east of the city of Al-Farma.
Some of its Antiquities were discovered on diferent escavations beginning in 1913 by the French scientist Jean Cleida, but the work was not completed, and the sea raided part of it.
There are antiquities belonging to more than one era extending from the Greco-Roman to the Byzantine until the early Arab era.
Parts indicating the presence of a large fortress and some buildings dating back to the fifth and sixth centuries AD have been discovered. Some sources have indicated the presence of a monastery in it, but the buildings have not been revealed so far.
After the Holy Family passed through the areas of Tel al-Qallus and Muhammadiyah, it continued the march to Egypt through Al-Farma, which was the last stop for the Holy Family in Sinai.